There are two ways usernames can be granted permission to log into Starburst Galaxy:
- Direct access, maintained in Galaxy.
- Single sign-on (SSO) access, maintained in an external identity provider. See Single sign-on and Single sign-on overview for a discussion of SSO access.
Users assigned to the
accountadmin role can add usernames to
Galaxy’s internal direct access list.
Direct access users #
The Users pane of the Access control navigation menu is where you can create new users, and view and manage all configured users in your Starburst Galaxy account.
Create a new user #
Follow these steps to create a new user and assign roles:
Navigate to the Account section of the left-side menu.
Expand the Access control menu, and select Users to display a list of all configured users in your Starburst Galaxy account. Use the edit icon on the left of each row to edit or delete the user.
Click the Add user button to create a new user.
In the Create a new user dialog, enter an email address in the Email field. The email address serves as a login username.
Expand the Roles field, and select the role for the new user.
Expand the Assign default roles field, and select a default role.
The new user receives an email notification with an invitation link to set up a Starburst Galaxy account.
Use the Starburst Galaxy access control system to restrict and control access of all users.
Find users #
Use the search bar to find users in your Starburst Galaxy account.
Use the sort function beside the column names to organize users by email, roles, last login, or creation date.
Edit users #
To edit users, assign users to a new role, unassign a user from a role, or delete a user:
- Click the pencil icon next to the user you would like to edit to open the edit dialog.
- Expand the menu in the Assign roles field, and assign a role to the user.
- Click Unassign to remove a user from a role.
Click the Delete user icon to remove a user from Starburst Galaxy.
Change owner #
Every user is owned by a role. Change the owner of a user with the following steps:
- Click the three dots next to the user you want to edit, and select Change owner from the drop-down menu.
- Expand the menu in the New Owner field of the change owner dialog, and select a role for the owner.
Click Change owner.
Click Change in the Confirmation window.
Delete user #
To delete a user from Starburst Galaxy:
Click the three dots next to the user you want to edit, and select Delete user user from the drop-down menu.
Click Yes, delete in the Delete user window.
Is the information on this page helpful?